Risk-based Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
This programme has been approved by the Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) for 5 CAMS Credits. Participation in this course does not substitute the requirement to earn (12) ACAMS credits through ACAMS produced training for CAMS recertification.
This seminar is designed for those who work in compliance and AML, Money Laundering Compliance Officers (MLCOs), local compliance officers, internal audit and other relevant areas, as well as those who wish to get a practical perspective on AML and compliance issues. It will focus on updates on the law and relevant directives, the risk-based approach in practice and doing the right thing, it will provide practical tips for keeping current and being effective.
It also addresses compliance with the international issues including the international regulatory environment managing the risk of financial crime governance, risk management ethics, integrity and fairness.
The risk based approach is extrapolated to reach the compliance function and specifically the monitoring programme which is developing in one of the most important functions for the banks, as well as for the financial and insurance institutions, as demonstrated by several international scandals impacting the reputation of big financial institutions.
- ML & TF – what are they in practice?
- From the FATF to local laws
- Effective Due diligence – Know your client
- Customer review process
- Complex structures – Trusts / Foundations / Funds, Sanctions and Embargoes
- Effective Transaction Monitoring.
- Red flags – why and how are they important?
- Risk Assessment – why it is important to understand the risk
- The AML programme: Applied Risk-Based approach – “Doing the right thing”
- Areas covered by the Compliance Unit
- Interrelation of the Compliance Officer and the Compliance Unit, with other roles/units in a regulated company (lawyer, internal auditor, risk officer etc)
- Practical tools and methodologies which facilitate the daily work of the Compliance Officer
Who should attend
- Money Laundering & Compliance Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Compliance and AML Staff
- Internal auditors
- Legal Services