As in most sectors, the business landscape in the financial services industry is continually being disrupted. Rapidly evolving technologies, borderless competition and changing demographics, as well as the expectations of both staff and clients are making firm imprints on the financial industry. Such global trends coupled with the tight governmental regulation and legislation, which are specific to the financial services sector, are creating very particular challenges to HR professionals within this sector and to the way the HR function supports and functions within the organisation.
In order to withstand and respond to these challenges, HR departments are having to adapt the role they play as we move into the future. Successful HR functions can no longer restrict their scope to overseeing the implementation of company policy and storing of employee information. They need to morph into a role of change agent – driving change in practices and culture that will continue to disrupt the organisation in a way which adds value and moves them into a position as strategic business partner.
For HR managers to move forward into this new role, they need to develop new skills and acquire new tools that will allow them to make a positive and proactive contribution to the success of the organisation.
This training programme uses the latest know-how from disciplines including HR, management and leadership to create a practical and thought-provoking programme that is a must for HR managers to rethink their role and mindset and equip them with the tools, skills and techniques they need to guide them and their organisation to success.
The purpose of the current programme is to help experienced HR Professionals rethink and refine their mindset and competencies to bring successful practices, techniques and tools to their everyday tasks and duties
As such, by the end of the programme, participants will:
- Shift the HR mindset and reinvent the practices which are followed within the organisation
- Rethink the HR function and its impact on the success of the organisation
- Understand the gravitas of their role as HR professionals
- Identify and focus on the critical areas of attracting and retaining talent, as well as developing leadership potential and disseminate a leadership mindset across their organisations
- Gain an overview of the idiosyncrasies of the sector and how HR can accommodate these
- Understand the impact of compliance and government regulation on the sector and the role of HR within these
- Recognise the need for a proactive approach and identify techniques for successful ‘delegation’ HR roles and practices across departments
- Enhance their ability to make positive impact and influence others.
- The current business landscape and the need for new skills
- Understanding the current role of HR, why this is no longer enough and how this needs to change
- The demise of the autocratic manager and the need for the development of a new management/ leadership mindset
- Identifying challenges and how to address these
- New skills and tools to drive success
- Understanding resonance in leadership
- How this can drive change for HR professionals
- Building my personal brand as a proactive contributor
- Understanding where I currently am and where I need to go
- What impact do I currently have on those around me
- Changing role – developing skills to becoming a business partner
- Driving and supporting change through development of adaptability
- The idiosyncrasies of the sector and HR’s role
- Compliance and government regulation
- Tips and HR best practice within the industry
- Focus on others – understanding the needs of all stakeholders
- Understanding the organisational culture and climate
- The power of trust and how to build this
- Attracting and retaining talent
- Building and managing effective relationships
- Addressing challenges and driving HR performance
- A new HR brand – harnessing the power of influence and inspiration
- Delegating roles and processes to focus on new directions
- Development of leadership potential in the organisation
This programme is interactive in nature and participants will be actively involved, using their own experiences and challenges to reinforce and adapt the new knowledge and skills to their own reality, as well as examples, case studies and simulations provided by the trainers.
Use of self-assessments and reflective exercises will also allow participants to increase their self-awareness and provide opportunity for peer reflection and discussion.
All sessions will combine elements of PowerPoint presentations, Flip-chart notes, small group and open discussions, audio/visual material and experiential exercises.
This programme may be approved for up to 14 CPD units in HR, Leadership, Management and Professional Development. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in HR, Leadership, Management and Professional Development, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in HR, Leadership, Management, Personal and Professional Skills.
Who Should Attend
The programme is designed for experienced HR Professionals including, HR Directors, HR Managers and HR Officers within the Financial Services Sector. The programme will also be a beneficial training intervention for other senior professionals, including:
- C-Level Executives
- Line Managers
- Mid-level Managers
- Team Leaders
- Consultants on HR matters including advisers of all disciplines, lawyers, accountants, auditors