Financial crime is a threat that is becoming ever more widespread, is increasingly hard to detect and often a worrying unknown. Aside from the threat it poses to society and national security, it poses a real risk in terms of reputation, process integrity and compliance for the financial community as a whole.
This training package offers an opportunity to hear directly from former law enforcement and banking professionals as to what practical steps you can take to mitigate this risk. The training focus is deliberately “hands-on” in its approach with practical insights, relevant case study examples as well as task-orientated breakout session (writing a SAR).
- Become more proficient in completing a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR)
- Gain a better understanding of the SAR process and the post submission environment
- Successful completion of a SAR writing exercise
This must-have training is designed for all those involved with the prevention and investigation of financial crime in all its forms, as well as those engaged in customer due diligence, transaction monitoring and sanctions compliance and will cover the following areas;
- The role and function of the FIU
- What is your understanding of a SAR
- How to report and the post submission process
- Reforming the SAR regime
- Reporting Requirements and SAR build