EIMF subject-matter experts deliver engaging and interactive courses across a broad spectrum of areas, that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own chosen environment. Read more
Regulatory requirements require financial crime compliance to maintain an ongoing awareness of financial crime (FC) tactics and typologies to which their businesses may be exposed.
This high energy knowledge refresher series will examine in closer details recent financial crime cases, breaking down the:
Looking records, KYC data and transaction information, the series is an excellent refresher for experienced FC prevention professionals and introduction to better understanding the topic for those interested in a career in this area.
The course is intended to compliment other courses that may provide in-depth training (ACAMS or ICA) and contribute to the fulfilment of ongoing CPD obligations.
The programme comprises a 2.25-hour session covering 3 financial crime case studies, covering different types of financial crime, such as fraud, money laundering, card misuse, terrorist financing, for example. The session will include:
- Detailed analysis of the:
- Nature of the crimes committed
- Types of financial services involved
- Tactics used to conceal the activities of illicit actors
- Method used to evade detection by compliance controls
- Lessons learnt and how to mitigate the risk to your own organisation
- Interactive question and answer points throughout the session with the instructor and other participants.
- Closing Observations
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via short lectures, case-studies and practical examples. Participants will also benefit from feedback at the end of the programme and take away the knowledge gained to be transferred to their workplace. The live online method of presentation will allow for interaction with the trainer in real time and allow for questions to be posed by participants during the sessions.
This programme may be approved for up to 2.5 CPD units in AML and Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
The Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) has confirmed that this programme is accredited for 2 CAMS Credits. Participation in this course does not substitute the requirement to earn (12) ACAMS credits through ACAMS produced training for CAMS recertification.
Who Should Attend
The programme is ideal for:
- Front line staff responsible for customer onboarding
- Members of anti-FC compliance teams
- Managers and supervisors of anti-FC compliance teams
- MLROs and Compliance Officers
- Members of transaction monitoring and investigation teams
- Chartered and accredited accountants
- In-house legal counsel / solicitors
- Internal Auditors responsible for FC audits
- External Auditors, solicitors and professional consultants