The environment that most businesses must operate in today includes, among other things, the risk of bribery and corruption. When these two very decisive risks occur, they must be effectively faced and handled by management.
A critical role in this effort falls under Internal Control Systems to Prevent Corruption and Bribery and Internal Audit which must have specialized knowledge on corruption and bribery issues and use specialized techniques to investigate them when they arise. In addition, senior management is tasked with assessing the various corruption and bribery risks and then instituting precautionary checks on all risky areas that designate Tone at the Top using recognized tools such as ISO 37001/2016.
During the seminar, all participants will receive information on numerous corruption and bribery schemes, understand how to assess corruption risk, how to identify “red flags”, how to investigate it. The seminar will teach participants how to adopt a more critical sceptical attitude in their daily activities.
At the end of the seminar, participants will approach the risks of corruption and bribery with a more sceptical attitude and doubt.
- An analysis of International Standard 37001/2016 (understanding the organization, understanding stakeholder expectations, the role of top management, roles and responsibilities, designing and supporting anti-corruption and corruption targets, internal control systems and monitoring corruption risks corruption)
- Items of corruption and corruption (political contributions, sponsorships and charities, facilitation payments, gifts, hospitality and expenses)
- Red Signs (red flags) of corruption and bribery
- 6 Factors in the fight against corruption and bribery
- Analogue procedures (examples)
- Commitment by top management (examples)
- Corruption and bribery risk assessment (types of risks)
- Thorough controls
- Communication and education
- Overview and Control of the Framework
- Whistleblowing as a tool against corruption and corruption
- Scenarios of corruption and corruption and ways of dealing with it
- Conflict of interest situations
- Internal Audit on corruption and bribery
- Suppliers’ audits
- Procurement fraud schemes
- Controls of purchasing processes
- Self-assessment of corruption and bribery risks
The program is designed to provide knowledge and improve participants’ skills through short lectures, case studies, practical examples, real-time simulations.
Participants will also benefit from feedback at the end of the program and will use the knowledge gained in their work. Most of the training time will be invested in real case studies that will help participants understand how to solve problems in similar situations.
This programme may be approved for up to 14 CPD units in Leadership, Personal & Professional Development. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Who should attend
- All executives and staff working in Internal Audit Units at all levels
- Officers working in Compliance Units
- External auditors
- Members of the Audit Committees
- Security professionals
- Risk management analysts
- Front-line managers and senior executives generally experienced in internal control systems.