This course has been designed specifically for CIFs and Fund Management companies and will focus on the actions that these firms must take in order to comply with their AML and KYC obligations.
In today’s demanding environment, CIFs and Fund Management firms are required to exercise due diligence and perform specific controls on their clientele in order to comply with AML / KYC requirements. Furthermore, these companies are obligated to collect specific documents from clients.
CySEC has issued specific guidelines for the controls and reports that regulated firms need to perform in order to comply with their obligations.
- General overview of AML legal environment
- Due diligence, simplified, enhanced according to the new legislation
- KYC Documents required according to the nature of the client
- Regulatory obligations for CIFs and Fund Management companies
- Client classification according to the directive
- Creation of the economic profile
The programme will take for form of presentations, case studies and extensive discussion, as well as real life examples, all of which will assist with the better understanding of the content and thus assist participants to apply what they learn to their own job functions upon their return to the workplace.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in AML and Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
The Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) has confirmed that this programme is accredited for 5 CAMS Credits. Participation in this course does not substitute the requirement to earn (12) ACAMS credits through ACAMS produced training for CAMS recertification.
Who Should Attend
- Compliance, AML Compliance officers, Back officers
- Funds and Fund Managers
- Consultancy providers catering towards the financial services sector