The Agile Scrum Foundation Certificate programme introduces Agile and Scrum at the foundation level, and, offering candidates knowledge of the agile service management techniques and scrum development frameworks. Agile scrum is about working together to successfully reach the goal. Agile methodologies are popular approaches in software development and are increasingly being used in other areas. Scrum practices include establishing cross-functional and self-managing teams, producing a working increment of software at the end of each iteration or Sprint.
EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation offers professionals a unique certification that combines agile principles and scrum practices. The EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation will enhance candidate’s knowledge on:
The Agile way of thinking is best known in the field of software development, but the principles are increasingly being applied in other types of projects. Scrum is the most used Agile methodology and is suitable for all professionals looking to keep their knowledge up to date with the latest developments in the fields of IT and project management, particularly those leading or participating in projects.
Agile Way of Thinking
- Concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Recognize how adaptation to an Agile environment works
- Recognize how Agility brings predictability and flexibility
- Describe the Agile Manifesto
- Recognize parts of the Agile framework such as Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Refactoring and Collective Code Ownership
- Scrum roles
- Explain the Product Owner role
- Explain the Scrum Master role
- Explain the Development Team role
- Recognize the role of a traditional Project Manager
- Explain the characteristics of time-boxed events
- Explain the characteristics of Sprints
- Explain the characteristics of the Daily Scrum
- Explain the characteristics of the Sprint Review and the Sprint Retrospective
The Importance of the Backlog
- Explain the characteristics of a good Product and Sprint Backlog
- Recognize good User Stories and Backlog Items
- Explain how to refine the Product Backlog Items
Definition of Done
- Explain the importance of a good Definition of Done
Who should attend
The certification is suitable for professionals working in the areas of; project management, software development, IT service management, and business management. This certification is highly recommended before starting a Scrum project.
- Study notes
- Live Online training
- Practical questions and assignments
- Mock exam
The EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation certification tests candidates at Bloom Level 1 and 2 according to Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy:
- Bloom Level 1: Remembering – relies on recall of information. Candidates will need to absorb, remember, recognize and recall.
- Bloom Level 2: Understanding – a step beyond remembering. Understanding shows that candidates comprehend what is presented and can evaluate how the learning material may be applied in their own environment. This type of questions aims to demonstrate that the candidate is able to organize, compare, interpret and choose the correct description of facts and ideas.
EXIN exams are computer based and can be taken at approved centres around the world. EIMF is an EXIN approved centre.
The exam is allotted 60 minutes to complete 40 multiple choice questions with a passing score of 65%.
EXIN Anywhere | EXIN Anywhere lets you take the exam for your certification online. This means taking your exam at a time and location convenient to you. So this can be at home, in a meeting room at the office or in any other secluded space where else you feel comfortable. The only conditions are that you have an internet connection, a laptop that meets the requirements and that there is no one else in the room with you. Learn more
Exam Fee: € 175 + VAT (exam voucher can be purchased from EIMF)
Upon passing the exam successfully candidates will be awarded the Agile Scrum Foundation certification from EXIN.