In recent years, Cyprus has made an enormous effort towards the enhancement and completion of the national legal framework concerning investment funds. These legislations have been put in place in order to promote Cyprus as in international fund jurisdiction.
The Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency has helped in establishing the Cyprus Investment Funds Association in order to help promote and build a profitable sector. Having the correct knowhow is vital and as such critical for the sector to be equipped with qualified professionals.
This programme will give the tools to professionals that work in the sector to better understand the processes relating to fund administration. Specifically, participants will:
- All types of assets – including alternative, illiquid and volatile assets
- Comparative fund types, structures, and legal aspects
- Understanding benchmarks, mandates, investment objectives and constraints
- Pricing and valuation
- Reporting & compliance – valuation, reconciliation and settlement
- Registrar and transfer agency services
- Custody and Fund Administration
- International client services
- Client reporting: customised reporting, multi-currency/instrument reporting, and tax reporting
- Compliance, tax and anti-money laundering issues
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts as well as show various videos that highlight particular course concepts and encourage class discussion.
Participants will engage in exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Who Should Attend
This course will be of value to anyone wishing to understand international best practice in managing, operating and overseeing funds.
This includes operations teams, Risk Managers, Compliance Monitoring Teams and Internal Audit at fund managers or third parties, lawyers, auditors and regulators.