Risk and uncertainty are part of everyday business life. In today’s increasingly complex business environment the management of opportunity and risk plays a vital role in the success of any organisation or in the timely and successful completion of any project.
Recent examples of risk management failures in otherwise financially strong and reputable organisations, shows how risk can destroy an organisation if not adequately managed. Organisations with a sound opportunity and risk management framework are in a better position to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
This two-day Risk Management course introduces participants to the principles, framework and process of the ISO 31000 risk management standard.
The course guides participants on how to implement a risk management programme, define risk appetite and risk tolerance and link opportunity and risk management with the strategic and business objectives of the organisation.
It also introduces participants to the various types of risks and hazards, the identification and assessment of risk and the implementation of risk treatment techniques.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand what uncertainty, risk and risk management is
- Become aware of the various risk management standards
- Understand the principles of risk management and their application to enterprise risk management
- Understand the ISO 31000 risk management framework, principles and process
- Understand risk appetite and risk tolerance
- Understand how to develop a risk management plan
- Understand what risk assessment and the five steps of risk assessment are
- Become aware of the various risk assessment techniques
- Understand what risk treatment and the various options of risk treatment are
- Understand how to establish a risk communication, consultation, monitoring and review program
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Principles of Risk Management
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Framework
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Process
- Developing a risk management plan
- Scope, Context, Criteria
- Risk Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Determining risk Appetite and risk tolerance
- Risk Governance, communication and consultation
- Risk Recording and reporting, monitoring and review
- Risk Assessment
- Principles of Risk Assessment
- The five steps of risk assessment
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Evaluation
- Risk Treatment
- General aspects of risk treatment
- Risk control and reduction techniques
- Risk exploitation
This programme may be approved for up to 14 CPD units in Risk Management. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via short lectures, presentations, case-studies and real -life examples.
Participants will benefit from feedback at the end of the programme and take away the knowledge gained to be transferred to their workplace.
Significant time will be invested in analysing a real-life case study that will help participants understand how to manage risks
Who should attend
The programme is ideal for:
- Senior Managers
- Managers and Executives and Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Project managers
- Risk managers
- Finance and accounting managers
- Investment executives and managers
- Internal auditors
- Internal Lawyers
- External Auditors, Lawyers and Financial Consultants