In a modern and dynamic corporate environment, the professionals are striving to optimise their organisational performance via complying with regulatory requirements coming from both European Union as well as Cyprus. The regulatory framework surrounding the financial operations is becoming stricter year by year. MiFID 2 regulatory framework got established, 6th AML Directive has been issued, existing AML law has been updated, MAR came into force along with many other regulations and directives that affect directly and indirectly the financial organisations. This new regulatory framework aims to strengthen, at least, the investor protection and improve the functioning of financial markets, making them more efficient, resilient and transparent.
This 10-hour programme targets to provide a comprehensive understanding of significant regulations surrounding the financial sector, in order to support the professionals in their day to day operations.
- MiFiR – Regulation (EU) 600/2014
- MiFID II – Directive (EU) 2014/65
- MAR – No 596/2014
- Delegated Regulations
- Latest ESMA Q&A
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate on various concepts as well as show various videos that highlight course concepts and encourage class discussion. Participants will engage in an exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. The course aims to provide practical guidance and enhanced knowledge to participants, who will learn the basic terminology and then proceed to understand an advanced level of Investment firms’ industry and the operations of CIF. Participants will also benefit from feedback at the end of the programme and take away the knowledge gained to be transferred to their workplace.
This programme may be approved for up to 10 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Who Should Attend
- Persons (including tied agents) providing relevant services to clients on behalf of a firm under the scope of MiFID 2
- Graduate or postgraduate students
- Existing professionals who wish to obtain a better understanding of the Investment firms’ industry and the operations of CIF
- Persons who wish to have a career in Compliance, Account Opening, Back Office, Sales Agent, Customer Support Representative, Retention Officer, other front-facing staff who are involved in the provision of information and/or marketing communication to clients or potential clients as per CySEC Circular C181