Specialist investment knowledge for the global market place
This single-unit Award is designed to help experienced advisers develop and demonstrate their knowledge of investment products. It also offers guidance on what constitutes sound professional practice, thereby providing a framework for ethical behaviour.
You may wish to enter for the Award in Investment Planning if you already have a good understanding of financial advice principles and products, gained in the workplace or by first completing the Award in Financial Planning
Upon completion, CII members are eligible to use the designation ‘CII (Award)’. Continuing Professional Development requirements apply.
The Award also supports ongoing professional development as, on passing the exam, you will hold one of the three Awards needed to complete the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services. The Certificate offers a broad range of areas and is awarded upon completion of three Awards from the CII – Award in General Insurance, Award in Financial Planning, Award in Investment Planning.
What will I learn?
At the end of this unit, you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- main macro-economic factors that impact upon investment returns;
- cash deposit investments, government securities and corporate bonds;
- equity based investment products;
- property investment;
- collective investment products and alternative investments;
- the risks faced by investors and the importance of asset allocation in the investment process;
- ethical considerations of a financial adviser.
Why the Award in Investment Planning?
- Upon completion, CII members are eligible to use the designation ‘CII (Award)’. Continuing Professional Development requirements apply.
- On passing the exam, you will hold one of the three Awards needed to complete the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services.
- Provide 10 Certificate-level credits towards completion of the CII’s higher level qualifications (subject to completion requirements and excluding the Certificate in Insurance which is subject to UK regulation).
Is the Award suitable for me?
The Award is open to anyone working in the insurance and financial services sector irrespective of educational background, although does require you to already have a good understanding of financial advice principles and products.
The Award is particularly suitable for experienced financial advisers and insurance agents advising on, or aspiring to advise on, investment planning.