The Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS) Certification is an ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists) certification that equips an organization’s workforce with a credential that represents a serious commitment to compliance with sanctions, in a world of increasingly complex laws, regulations, and policies. CGSS is global, allowing multinational institutions to strategically and uniformly apply the same programme for all global employees.
Becoming CGSS-certified demonstrates to regulators a strong commitment to compliance in sanctions, as CAMS (the gold standard in AML certification) demonstrates to AML compliance.
Why Professionals Choose this Qualification?
CGSS (Certified Global Sanctions Specialist) is a new ACAMS certification that demonstrates a commitment to sanctions compliance, similar to how the CAMS demonstrates a commitment to AML compliance. More than 50 sanctions experts across the public and private sectors are contributing toward the CGSS credential.
- MODULE 1: GOVERNANCE AND ENFORCEMENT
- MODULE 2: SANCTIONS EVASION TECHNIQUES
- MODULE 3: SANCTIONS DUE DILIGENCE (Part 1)
- MODULE 3: SANCTIONS DUE DILIGENCE (Continued)
- MODULE 4: SANCTIONS SCREENING
- MODULE 5: SANCTIONS INVESTIGATIONS AND ASSETS FREEZING
- KNOWLEDGE CHECK AND Q & A
Who should attend
- Senior financial crime/regulatory compliance practitioners who are keen to enhance their existing expertise by learning about another distinct sphere
- Senior managers within the Sanctions environment who wish to certify their knowledge
- Operational staff, who need to understand the inherent Sanctions risks they face when dealing with customers and/or transactions
- Regulators or Consultants
- MLROs, Compliance Managers and Risk Managers
- Anyone with an interest in better understanding how Sanctions work and the risks they can present if not correctly addressed
To be eligible for the CGSS Exam you must have 40 qualifying credits based on education, other professional certification, and/or professional experience in the sanctions or financial crime compliance field.
Visit the ACAM eligibility calculator to determine if you qualify to take the CGSS exam here
In order to apply to the CGSS certification, you must have an active ACAMS membership. Joining the ACAMS community comes with exclusive benefits including reduced pricing on training, events and access to ACAMS career centre, community, webinars and more. Learn more here
The CGSS Exam is computer based and is administered in Pearson Vue approved centres around the world. Test takers will have 210 minutes (3.5hours) to complete the Examination.
Examination fee: $1,695
Membership fee: $295 (required)
Learn more about the CGSS exam.
Refer to EIMF pricing for combined training, membership and examination fee.
This programme may be approved for up to 10 CPD units in Financial Regulation and 14 CPD units in AML. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in AML and Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in AML and CPD training in Financial Regulation.
The Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) has confirmed that this programme is accredited for 14 CAMS Credits. Participation in this course does not substitute the requirement to earn (12) ACAMS credits through ACAMS produced training for CAMS recertification.