All members of Boards of Directors need to follow a series of statutory, common law, and equitable obligations as per what is dictated by corporate governance issues. These include their duties to the corporation, the avoidance of conflict of interest, the expectancy to display high levels of care and diligence, and the expectance to act in good faith to promote the success of their company.
Directors of Financial Firms however, besides the above, need to adhere to the provisions of Law as set by the regulators which provides for the provision of Investment Services, the exercise of Investment Activities, the operation of Regulated Markets and other related matters.
So, come and join is to this half day seminar where all questions will be answered, and where you will also have the chance to mingle and discuss with other Directors in the sector.
The Law has special provisions on the obligations of the Firms Directors, and specific requirements on how to act and operate within this environment. A diligent director will have a clear roadmap for making sure that implementation of the provisions required for compliance with the law, are in place.
What you will gain from this workshop?
- A better understanding of the role and duties of directors
- Increased knowledge of current regulatory and governance issues
- Increased awareness of issues around directors’ liability
- Corporate Governance for the BoD
- The roles and responsibilities of the BoD based on Investment Firms Law
- Appointment and Approval process for a new member of the BoD – issues of suitability
- Requirements on professional competence and repute of BoD members
- Cyber security, Risk and Directors Liability
- Data Protection Compliance and Liability
- Management expectations
- Meeting Requirements
- Directors and Officers Liabilities
- Insurance Practices for the BoD
This Course is addressed to
- Members of the BoD of Investment Firms (IFs) and Fund Managers
- Compliance Officers and Risk Managers of Investment Firms
- Fiduciary Service Providers with IF clients
- Consultants and Advisors