Projects are the main vehicles of the global economy today and organisations use them to generate business value. As temporary management systems, projects provide flexibility and enable organisations to accurately measure their returns from all their initiatives. Hence, project management has become a strategic competence for organisations looking to secure their competitive advantage and achieve their strategic goals in efficient and effective ways.
The PMP® Certification program covers every aspect of projects and project management and provides an in-depth view of project management best practices, using the Project Management Institutes (PMI) world renowned framework for Project Management.
It prepares participants for the PMP® certification exam which is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Beyond preparing participants for the PMP® Certification, it provides participants with the skills to manage projects of any size, across any industry, as well as the basis upon which they can continually improve their skills as project management practitioners.
The PMP® Certification Program has two major objectives: (1) teach participants how to manage projects using project management best practices, and (2) prepare those participants interested in becoming PMP® certified for the relevant examination. By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Fundamentals of project management
- Foundational element of project management
- Project environment
- Project Management Governance Structures
- Projects and Strategy
- Project Stakeholders and the role of the Project Manager
- Project Management Standards and Bodies of Knowledge
- PMI’s Project Management Standard
- Process Groups
- Initiating a project
- Planning the Project
- Executing the project
- Monitoring and Controlling the project
- Closing the project
- Knowledge Areas
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholders Management
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge via short lectures, practical examples and different forms of exercises aiming to enhance participants’ skills, as well as prepare them for the PMP® examination. A case study is also used to help participants make the connections between the different processes, tools and techniques and to apply the best practices recommended by the PMI’s Body of Knowledge.
This programme may be approved for up to 35 CPD units in Project Management. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Who Should Attend
Any public or private organisation employee which is directly or indirectly involved in projects can participate in the program. These employees include:
- Sponsors/Executives/Project Steering committees
- Project Portfolio Managers
- Project Program Managers
- Project Managers/Leaders/Coordinators
- Project Team Leaders
- Project Team members
- Subject matter experts involved in projects
- Administrators supporting project work
- Quality control and assurance personnel working form projects
- Risk management personnel working for projects
- Procurement personnel working for projects
- Any role in the organisation that provides expertise or direct or indirect support to projects
- C-Level Executives and Senior Managers managing project resources, including Human Resource managers
There are no prerequisites to participate in the program and therefore, the program is ideal for both people new to the project management disciplined as well as experienced project management practitioners.
For the certification purposes, candidates should have at least 36 months of hands-on project management experience. This experience can be acquired after attending the program as well.