This programme will provide participants the opportunity to understand how risk management and oversight is achieved through intentional and methodical planning and preparation, underpinned by an enabling risk culture exemplified by the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
With reference to law, regulations, guidelines and best practice, participants will gain theoretical and practical insight into this critical component of an organisations activity that can make the difference between success and failure.
When implementing risk management and oversight, it is essential for organisations to meet legal and regulatory requirements in a practical way. By attending this course, participants will become familiar with an internationally recognised risk framework and discuss enablers and blockers to its implementation, including an enabling risk culture.
- Understanding the universal applicability of good governance and its application to risk
- Understanding the major components of risk governance
- Understanding the legal and regulatory environment and the resulting obligations on the directors
- Understanding role and responsibilities of the Board in ensuring a robust risk framework
- Understanding the difference between risk appetite, risk tolerance and risk capacity and how to use them
- Understand the use and value of a risk register and risk matrix
- Understanding how the Risk Committee supports the Board and works with the Risk Function
- Understanding the three lines of defence and their use, boundaries and interaction
- The Symbiosis of Governance and Risk
- The DNA of Good Governance
- Risk Direction v Risk Control
- The Legal Context
- The Role of the Board from a Risk Perspective
- The Risk Universe
- Nurturing an enabling Risk Culture
- The Risk Framework
- Facilitating Risk Governance Through the Organisational Structure
- Risk Governance and Pillars 1, 2 & 3
Using a discursive approach to sharing key information, critical theory illustrated with practical experience will be conveyed to participants to be reinforced by mutual sharing and learning. After building a solid foundation of understanding, participants are walked through best practice and technique to ensure a solid understanding of the issues related to Risk Governance.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
- Board Members
- Risk Managers
- Senior Staff
- Company Secretary
- Compliance Officers