In the face of the recent constant change in the Financial Services Sector, both from legal and regulatory amendments and from credit and financial shocks in the market, the need for professionals to know how to manage risk is more important than ever before. This knowledge will offer a competitive commercial advantage to companies in Cyprus and increase their potential for new business development.
They will have the opportunity to increase their knowledge and:
• Cover all key risks in financial services – operational, credit, market, investment and liquidity, business risk, corporate governance, regulation and risk management
• Addresses international issues, reflecting the needs of a worldwide market
• Addresses techniques used to identify, reduce and manage specific aspects of risk
• Provides a sound grounding in the principles of the risk management framework, corporate governance and risk oversight
Interested participants can also sit the relevant CISI examination to advance their careers by becoming members of the largest membership organisation in the Sector.
What you will Learn
This course aims to provide participants with a broad understanding of the key risks that arise within financial services, by covering the following:
• Principles of the Risk Management Framework
• International Risk Regulation
• Operational Risk
• Credit Risk
• Market Risk
• Investment Risk
• Liquidity Risk
• Corporate Governance and Risk Oversight
• Model Risk
• Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
DATES: 27 and 29 June (2 days)
LOCATION: Frederick University, Limassol
FEES: HRDA eligible €242, non-HRDA eligible €480 (both + €91.20 VAT)
You can register by sending the completed registration form above to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 2227 4475. If you need help completing the form, please give us a call at 2227 4470
If you would like to discuss bringing this or another topic to your organization on an in-house basis please call us at 22274470 or email us at email@example.com.
Trainer: Petros Florides Chartered FCSI, President of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) in Cyprus.
Petros has worked as a finance professional within the securities and investments industry for over 20 years in the areas of private banking, fund management, stockbroking, private equity and principal trading. For the past 10 years Petros has been on the board of a number of micro-finance institutions in Eastern Europe and is currently employed as a Regional Governance Advisor for World Vision International – one of the world’s largest organisations in the field of humanitarian aid and assistance.
Petros is an honours graduate in Accountancy, a Chartered Management Accountant, a diploma-holding member of the Institute of Directors and a Certificate of the Institute of Risk Management. He sits on the Ethics & Risk and Human Resource & Training Committees of the Cyprus Investment Funds Association.