Investment Fund Custody & Administration
With Bruce Lawrence
With Bruce Lawrence
In recent years, Cyprus has made an enormous effort towards the enhancement and completion of the national legal framework concerning investment funds. These legislations have been put in place in order to promote Cyprus as in international fund jurisdiction. The Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency has helped in establishing the Cyprus Investment Funds Association in order to help promote and build a profitable sector.
It is of great importance for the sector to be equipped with qualified professionals. This programme will give the tools to professionals that work in the sector to better understand the processes relating to fund administration.
What you will Learn
This course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
• A clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of fund administration
• The confidence to liaise with investment managers, fund sponsors, custodians, selling agents and investors
• The latest developments in managing and controlling fund administration processes and procedures
• The knowledge of how to value and price investment funds accurately
• The expertise to identify and manage sources of risk in fund servicing
• The ability to maintain the fund’s compliance with regulatory and tax rules
• Explore some of the recent changes in the investment environment and assess the way in which these have impacted on the investment process, the different styles of fund management, and the fund administrator.
• Acquire the necessary skills to comply with the ever increasing demands of regulators.
• Become familiar with the offering documents, reporting requirements and the problems faced by fund administrators.
Delegates will also receive PDF copies of the “Global Custody Workbook” and “Global Securities Operations” written by Bruce Lawrence and “The Concise Guide to Corporate Actions”
DATES: 4, 5 July
DURATION: 14 Hours
LOCATION: EIMF Premises, Nicosia
TIME: 09:00 - 17:00
FEES: HRDA eligible €302, non-HRDA eligible €540 (both + €102.60 VAT)
Send completed registration form to email@example.com
View Detailed Course Agenda
You can register by sending the completed registration form above to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 2227 4475. If you need help completing the form, please give us a call at 2227 4470
If you would like to discuss bringing this or another topic to your organization on an in-house basis please call us at 22274470 or email us at email@example.com.
Trainer: Bruce Lawrence
Bruce Lawrence, has over 42 years securities industry experience, provides consultancy, training, advice and technical assistance principally focused at the securities servicing arena and the development of the capital markets infrastructure of frontier and emerging markets. He has consulted and trained on the full spectrum of securities markets instruments (debt, equity & derivatives), Corporate Governance, Operational Risk, Custody, Clearing & Settlement, Fund Administration and assisted in the creation and further development of Central Securities Depositories (CSD’s), Central Counterparties (CCPs), Stock Exchanges and Domestic Custody Operations. Assignments have taken him to the following markets: Albania, Estonia, Ghana, Jordan, Kuwait, Mongolia, Pakistan, Qatar, Nigeria, Russia, USA, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
He has also been the author of the Investment Administration Qualification (IAQ) Global Custody Workbook and Global Securities Operations, published by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment and is the recipient of the Central Bank of Russia gold medal for services to the creation of the Russian securities market. Bruce has been called to the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) on two occasions as an expert witness on securities market operations fraud and the Irish High Court for the Bernie Madoff enquiry and litigation.