08 Oct A Sponsored Training & Employment Opportunity with an International Professional Services Firm
The EIMF, through its AAT Connect Scheme, is pleased to announce its collaboration with Baker Tilly Cyprus. This collaboration provides an ideal opportunity for those wishing to enhance their career prospects by joining one of the largest and most reputable financial services firm in the world, whilst studying towards the AAT Qualification.
The purpose of the programme is to provide those who will commence their AAT studies in October 2020, with the opportunity to gain practical work experience in line with their studies and expose themselves to the work of international financial services firm.
Explore the Opportunity!
We invite applications from enthusiastic and hard-working individuals to join the Financial Compliance & Reporting Department of Baker Tilly’s Nicosia or Limassol office for the position of Associate. The firm will support studies for following the professional qualification of Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
Details of the programme
This sponsorship programme will put individuals right at the heart of an international professional services firm. They will have a permanent employment position immersed in life and work at Baker Tilly, working with real clients to help solve their business problems.
To be eligible for the sponsorship programme, applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field and/or be a holder of the LCCI Higher in Accounting. Candidates will begin their studies at the Professional or Advanced Diploma level of the qualification.
Furthermore, individuals with a school leaving certificate with a grade over 17/20, will also be offered the opportunity to join the programme. Candidates will begin their studies at the Foundation level of the qualification.
All candidates should be able to adapt to an international, multicultural, and multilingual environment, have good communication skills and be able to work in a team.
Benefits of the programme
- Gain valuable work experience
- Explore a career path
- Develop and refine skills
- Receive financial compensation
- Network with professionals in the field
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the provision of accounting services to a portfolio of clients, operating in various sectors and of different sizes.
- Collecting information for the daily bookkeeping of clients.
- Record and maintain proper accounting records.
- Prepare daily reconciliations of banks, debtors and creditors.
- Process invoices, receipts and payments.
- Assist in payroll processing.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation related to the annual audit, Income Tax and VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts and reporting packages.
- Engage in various administrative duties.
Applying for the Sponsorship Scheme
Applicants must send their CVs together with a cover letter at email@example.com making reference to the “Baker Tilly Sponsorship”.
The deadline for the application is 16th of October 2020. For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 22 274470