Investment Fund Operations & Administration
With Bruce Lawrence
With Bruce Lawrence
In recent years, Cyprus has made an enormous effort towards the enhancement and completion of the national legal framework concerning investment funds. These legislations have been put in place in order to promote Cyprus as in international fund jurisdiction. The Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency has helped in establishing the Cyprus Investment Funds Association in order to help promote and build a profitable sector.
It is of great importance for the sector to be equipped with qualified professionals. This programme will give the tools to professionals that work in the sector to better understand the processes relating to fund administration.
What you will Learn
This course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
• A clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of fund administration
• The confidence to liaise with investment managers, fund sponsors, custodians, selling agents and investors
• The latest developments in managing and controlling fund administration processes and procedures
• The knowledge of how to value and price investment funds accurately
• The expertise to identify and manage sources of risk in fund servicing
• The ability to maintain the fund’s compliance with regulatory and tax rules
• Explore some of the recent changes in the investment environment and assess the way in which these have impacted on the investment process, the different styles of fund management, and the fund administrator.
• Acquire the necessary skills to comply with the ever increasing demands of regulators.
• Become familiar with the offering documents, reporting requirements and the problems faced by fund administrators.
Delegates will also receive PDF copies of the “Global Custody Workbook” and “Global Securities Operations” written by Bruce Lawrence and “The Concise Guide to Corporate Actions”
DATES: 22, 23 May
DURATION: 14 Hours
CPD UNITS: 5
LOCATION: EIMF Premises, Nicosia
TIME: 09:00 - 17:15
FEES: HRDA eligible €322, non-HRDA eligible €560 (both + €106.40 VAT)
|Start Date||Course Title||Location||CPD Units||Status|
|14 June||Compliance in the Financial Services Sector – the Compliance Function in Practice||Limassol||10||COMPLETED|
|18 June||Understanding and Negotiating ISDA Master Agreement OTC Documentation||Nicosia||COMPLETED|
|10 July||UCITS, AIF legislation, Fund Administration and Custody||Nicosia||10||UPCOMING|
If you need help completing the online registration form, please give us a call at 2227 4470 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss bringing this or another topic to your organization on an in-house basis please call us at 22274470 or email us at email@example.com.
Trainer: Bruce Lawrence
Bruce Lawrence, has over 43 years securities industry experience, provides consultancy, training, advice and technical assistance principally focused at the securities servicing arena and the development of the capital markets infrastructure of frontier and emerging markets. He has consulted and trained on the full spectrum of securities markets instruments (debt, equity & derivatives), Corporate Governance, Operational Risk, Custody, Clearing & Settlement, Fund Administration and assisted in the creation and further development of Central Securities Depositories (CSD’s), Central Counterparties (CCPs), Stock Exchanges and Domestic Custody Operations. Assignments have taken him to the following markets: Albania, Estonia, Ghana, Jordan, Kuwait, Mongolia, Pakistan, Qatar, Nigeria, Russia, USA, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
Bruce, as part of a USAID funded project recently (Aug/Oct ’16 & Jan/Feb ‘18) undertook an IOSCO CCP gap analysis and risk assessment of the National Clearing Company of Pakistan Limited (NCCPL). Between July/Dec ’17 he was the project Manager for an EBRD funded project to create a Money and Capital Market Development Plan for Mongolia. He was also the senior post-trade advisor to the London Stock Exchange Group. He has also held the position of COO of the Mongolian Stock Exchange, Ulan Bataar, Managing Director of Zenith Pensions Custodian Limited in Lagos, Director of Credit Suisse First Boston in Moscow, The Chase Manhattan Bank in Moscow and London and for JP Morgan, London and Brussels. He was also instrumental in establishing the custody operations of CSFB/Credit Suisse and Unexim Bank in Moscow, Zenith Bank and UBA Investor Services in Lagos, Nigeria, SEB in St Petersburg, Russia and Khan Bank in Ulan Bataar, Mongolia.