14 Sep Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC), the 3 Pillars of the modern business
When part of a broader operational governance strategy, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) practices ensure continuous oversight and help businesses strike the right balance between cost optimization, risk management, and capacity for innovation.
Effective GRC management means organizations need to gather important risk data, validate compliance, and report results to management. Definitions of GRC vary, as do the potential applications, uses, and organizational approaches to implementation.
GRC Components – the 3 Pillars:
- Governance describes the overall management approach through which senior executives direct and control the entire organization, using a combination of management information and hierarchical management control structures.
- Risk Management is the set of processes through which management identifies, analyses, and where necessary, responds appropriately to risks that might adversely affect the realization of the organization’s business objectives.
- Compliance means conforming to a set of requirements, as defined by laws, regulations, standards, contracts, strategies, and policies.
With a constantly changing regulatory environment and the increased risk exposure, organizations are beginning to work towards a holistic and integrated GRC framework, that views all these three lines of defense as mutually related and interdependent functions.
There are three key aspects to successful GRC implementation:
- Developing the policies and framework holistically in consultation with all stakeholders involved
- Training all relevant employees in relevant topics
- Communicating the framework with all employees and gaining their acceptance and execution
Companies will often focus on the first area, devoting both time and resources in ensuring that the framework is well designed, but unfortunately, the other essential areas of effective training and communication, are not given the required attention and are not executed in a manner that will ensure positive results.
Appropriate GRC training is an inevitable component for employees, management and board members, forming an important part of their continuous learning that will lead to the success of the GRC design and implementation process. The EIMF GRC training courses provide comprehensive knowledge for all levels of the organization including the Board.
We take pride in delivering GRC content, in collaboration with our global professional associations and bodies, based on continually evolving best practices giving participants a hands-on experience in tackling real-world issues.
The industry expertise of our highly experiences instructors, together with comprehensive course materials and case studies, provide participants with the knowledge needed to support the organization in achieving its goals.
The result? Training and certification courses that are accredited and endorsed by a wide range of professional global association, that provide an exceptional return on investment.
The EIMF offers the following GRC trainings, designed to meet a variety of professional needs.
- Risk in Financial Services, Limassol 26-27 September
- Global Financial Compliance Certificate, Limassol 19-20 October
- CAMS Examination Preparation Course: Become a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist with ACAMS, Nicosia 20-21 October
- Directors and Officers Insurance: Professional Indemnity, Liability and Cyber Risks, Nicosia, 24 October
- Anti-Money Laundering Fundamentals and Regulatory Overview, Current Laws and AMLD4, Nicosia 30, 31 October – 1 November
- The super MLCO – from theory to practice, Nicosia 3 November
- CRD IV Workshop for Risk Managers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors and CFOs, Limassol 20-21 November
- Directors Development Certificate, Nicosia 21, 22, 28 November
- Risk-Based Anti-Money Laundering, Nicosia 1 December
- Compliance in the Financial Services Sector – the Compliance Function in Practice, Limassol, 11 December
- Corporate Governance of Credit Institutions and Investment Firms pursuant to the EU regulatory framework, Limassol, 18 December
Check out our full Online Calendar here for more than 65 titles, the most comprehensive list of training subjects in the market, most of which can also be offered in an in-house capacity.