This course has been designed to provide with the knowledge and skills needed to understand:
• The new role and responsibilities of the board of directors
• What is different in the banking sector, in the EU, the USA and the world, after the CRD IV Package
• The impact of the CRD IV on profitability
This course is intended for board members (executive and non-executive directors) of Banks under the supervision of The Central Bank of Cyprus and Investment Firms regulated by The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission to Financial Conglomerates (FC), Financial Holding Companies (FHC) and Mixed Financial Holding Companies (MFHC).
• Overview of the Capital Requirements Directive IV / Capital Requirements Regulation
• Introduction to the major changes after the Capital Requirements Directive IV / Capital Requirements Regulation
• The three pillars
The important changes after the Capital Requirements Directive IV / Capital Requirements Regulation
• The new CRD IV Principles for risk management and corporate governance
• The major challenge for the Board of Directors
• The difficulties after the new fit and proper requirements
• The new Quality of Capital
• The Common Equity Tier 1 major challenge
• Investments held by banks in capital instruments of other banks and financial and insurance entities
• The corresponding deduction approach and the changes in the business model.
• The Risk Weighted Assets
• The Capital Ratio
• The new Global Liquidity Standards and the maturity transformation consequences
• The Capital Conservation Buffer
• The Leverage Ratio
• The Countercyclical Capital Buffer
• Challenges for Systemically Important Financial Institutions (SIFIs)
• Systemically Important Markets and Infrastructures (SIMIs)
• Differences in Risk Modelling, Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis
• The new Financial Stress Testing
Challenges and Opportunities
• The Capital Requirements Directive IV / Capital Requirements Regulation for banks and the Solvency ii Directive for insurance firms. A comparative analysis
• Why the new capital rules have a substantial impact on profitability
• Banks with insurance subsidiaries.
• Asset management, investment banking, retail banking: The different impact on business from the interaction of:
o CRD IV and Solvency II
o The Financial Conglomerates Directive (and its possible amendment)
o The decisions for Systemically Important Financial Institutions (SIFIs) and
o Global Systemically Important Financial Institutions (G-SIFIs)
• Capital intensive products and the “originate and distribute” model after the CRD IV and the Solvency II directive
• Products that will meet insurers’ future investment needs
• Investment strategies after the CRD IV package and the Solvency II directive
• The Capital Requirements Directive IV / Capital Requirements Regulation and the Dodd Frank Act in the USA
• Regulatory Arbitrage after the Capital Requirements Directive IV / Capital Requirements Regulation and Basel III
Course Instructor: George Lekatis
George Lekatis is a renowned and internationally acclaimed Risk & Compliance Management expert. He has accumulated more than 23,000 hours experience as a professional speaker and seminar leader.
His distinguished career spans more than 25 years working as a management consultant and educator, leading training classes related to international financial frameworks and regulatory standards, specifically; Basel II, Basel III, CRD IV, Dodd-Frank, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Solvency II.
George is a sought-after expert and lead instructor at Regulatory Intellect and President of the Basel III Compliance Professionals Association, (BiiiCPA, http://www.basel-iii-association.com), the largest independent association of Basel III professionals in the world.
As an expert witness, George is qualified to investigate and testify about risk and compliance management standards, due care and due diligence.
He also holds a Master of Laws in International Business Law from the University of London (Queen Mary, UCL).
DATES: 13, 14, 15 October 2015
DURATION: 05 Hours
LOCATION: Filoxenia Conference Centre, Nicosia
TIME: 9:00 – 14:00
FEES: €230 + 19% VAT
Register Your Interest
If you would like to discuss bringing this or another topic to your organization on an in-house basis please call us at 22274470 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.